Monday, July 23, 2007

Polaroid Affairs

I'm about to send out the coolest postcard I've found to the last Kundi-buddy on my list...once I find her address. I've already begun my second round so I hope this makes up for it. The picture of it will be up soon with the poem.

Anyhow it made me realize that a Polaroid (Affair) is something brief, esteemed, and lost. Imagine a tourist buying keepsakes to put in a shoebox or hang on a wall. No one really pulls it out or stops to look at it. Unless..they're sappy like d or they want to show folks we're they've been. We just have it to have it for our own egos & our room grows that much less. The hell is up with that? The idea of a "Flashbulb Romance" has been trivialized to a postcard. Wooo.

But this is how we keep/record our time spent be it vacation and currency, or romances and time.
Somethings are better lost, or even left alone, I guess, or, probably never bought. Hahaha. Postcard will be dope.

This post makes me want to read Doty's Atlantis or sing along poorly at a Boys II Men concert. Whichever one comes my way first.

Now I need to fit this whole thing onto the postcard...Haha just messing.

Yours in esteem.

No comments: