Sunday, June 17, 2007

Mixed CD and Support

I will start writing poems with titles borrowed from APIA Musicians as an exercise. This is the first one.

Character Flaw

I’m jealous of your song,
solemn as prayers,

the midnight I last heard them
my car paused for its benediction.

And I’ve realized: distance is the red light,
a heavy pucker, across an asphalt embrace,

panting revelations like
the starving mouth of a street lamp,

moaning into the left ear of a sidewalk after dark.

Or perhaps I am most jealous of your prayer for fortune,
The escape from Biblical exile,

what we are all avoiding like
red flare and reflective cones to mark collisions and shattered glass,

like “Where are my boxers, honey?”

Or was this instrument just, my

clumsy teeth, vodka-drunk, riding,
the tight strap, of you black bra, the science

of unwinding for, a summer stay?
Good News and Things to Look Forward to

IMPAACT is happy that CHUBB will help sponsor us this year!

New Port, RI for a night with CY. Sunday-Monday.
Regie's show in NYC.
Kundiman Retreat

No comments: