Thursday, September 11, 2008

Super Powers

I am the most transparent person I know. Man, it's so bad I think peripheral vision and a graceful observation are keen superpowers. What I mean is I have no tact. Instead my powers are being a dunce and sometimes kinda charming.

A friend at forty showed me a picture of him at 24 and I responded with, "Wow. You look just as young except for the weight gain! " He bit, "Thanks Mike. That makes me feel much better."

I have really dumb moments such as misreading "Imagining" "I'm a gining, what's that?"

Or..

"I thought we ordered chicken fingers you know (opening-closing my hands like Chicken feet)"

D tells me (D, M, R) had a dinner conversation about how I could sleep with everyone twice and still attend the retreat. Not sure how to take that comment. If I did go I would write and send a poem to exorcise the sexual tensions I feel.

No comments: